The currently available support materials used with 3D printing technology have challenges of poor dissolvability in chemical solution and difficulty to be removed from the finished part.
also, current support materials are usually petroleum-based which has a negative impact on the environment.
- Natural pulp based MEICELL® cellulose ether is eco-friendly materials.
- MEICELL® cellulose hydrogels allowed easy removal of the support structures from the build materials.
- Biopolymers in MEICELL® cellulose ether help in moving closer towards sustainable manufacturing.
- MEICELL® cellulose ether has a suitable biomaterial for support structures that will eliminate the challenges of poor dissolvability and toxic waste generated by the current material.
- MEICELL® cellulose ether hydrogels exhibit shear-thinning properties with relatively low yield stress.